Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Craft Closet Creation

“The imagination imitates. It is the critical spirit that creates.” - Oscar Wilde

I hate cluttered closets (and drawers). That's not to say that my house doesn't have its fair share. Well, this weekend I finally did something to solve TWO of my clutter problems! I cleaned out my back bedroom/office closet that wasn't really holding anything that couldn't be moved somewhere else. That was clutter problem numero uno.

My second constant problem is that I enjoy scrapbooking as a hobby and I often do DIY wedding projects for my work blog, but I have a hard time finding a place to spread out and work without feeling like clutter is taking over my computer desk, kitchen counter, or dining room table.

As any crafter knows, it takes just as much time to break things out and clean them up as it does to actually create your projects. So, I came up with a solution. Voila-- my new craft closet!


It's in the same office where my computer desk is, so all I have to do is roll my comfy chair over, open the door, and flip on the light!


The wire shelves at the top were already there and provide a sturdy place to store photo boxes and heavy albums. I had the white wooden shelves already, and nowhere else to use them, so I busted out my cordless drill and 'stud solvers' and slapped those puppies onto the wall.


I had one of those little folding tables that is very useful, but less than attractive, so the closet is the perfect home for it.


And here's the best part-- when I'm done or have to put things on pause for a while, I don't even need to clean up, just shut the door!